Thursday, February 16, 2012

My favorite look!

As a first tutorial, I wanted to share my favorite look to wear on a daily basis :) The 1950s inspired eye-liner being my trademark, I had to start with this look! Its also the best way to introduce my face and my style to you!

-1: I always start my eye make-up by applying concealer and a neutral base. This makes any eyeshadow stand out more and stay on longer. Then, you can start putting on colour. In my case, the nice orange called Red Brick from MAC.


-2: I use a dark brown and a bit of black in the crease, to add depth. The key at this point is just to BLEND. Then I apply a light shimmery yellow on the inside corner.

-3: The fun part: Eye-liner! I always start by lining the lash line. If you want to invest in the most amazing liner ever, Laura Mercier makes it. Extremely black and creamy, this liner will stay on forever...

-4: Now, my exclusive Crystal MakeUp trick... To make sure your line flows nicely outside your eye and goes up (the «lift» effect), you need to have the right angle. This can NOT be drawn when your eyes are closed, because it will automaticly go down instead of up!! So, with eyes OPEN, just draw a quick mark of the angle you want (towards the end of the eyebrow is usually the best)
-5: Now, you can finish your eye-liner by joining the tip to the middle of your eye in one slow brush stroke. Start small and build it if you like it thicker, to give you a chance to make both eyes even ;) Then, I like to line the inside of my upper lash line with black. (The Laura Mercier liner can do that without tranferring to the bottom...)Make sure you get in between the lashes as well, it really makes the line sharper!

-6: Curl your lashes and finish by a good coat or two of black mascara. Don't forget to define your eyebrows and make sure your foudation is perfect!



I hope you liked this look! My name is Christelle, and I hope you will enjoy my future posts!

xxx
You can follow my work for on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/crystalmakeup1

1 comment: